Saturday, September 7, 2013

Arrivals...There Goes the Neighborhood

         I feel that when the English came over to the New World, they were harsh. They came over to where the Indians lived, and forcefully tried to convert them. They had advanced technology (such as guns) while the Indians used spears and things that they made from stone. They didn't care for the Native's beliefs, and killed animals that the Indians thought of as sacred, and they destroyed forests to settle in. They took away the lovely nature that the Natives had so loved, and that made them despise the English. The English only had one thing in their mind: the wealth that would come from the land. In my opinion, the English were irrational as they took over the lands, because they saw the Natives as primitive, or in a condescending matter. If they had tried to cooperate with them, and if the settlers were actually nice and didn't try to force things upon them, I feel that both sides would've been able to work something out. Both sides had to fight and lose many people, and yet, it didn't prove anything, it merely made them lose lots of resources. It wasn't fair that the Indians were portrayed by some as evil-doers, while the English were also doing bad things. They didn't respect them or their traditions, and took away their lands, which they claimed despite them living there since forever. However, without the English settlement, I wouldn't be here today. To conclude, I do feel that it was wrong to do this to the Natives, but I also in a way feel happy that they did so, because it was the only way that I would be here.

3 comments:

  1. Welp

    You certainly did a good job of giving me Native feels, and it was very descriptive, but I feel like it dragged on a little too much and got boring after a while. Maybe try splitting it into paragraphs or use different sentence structure?
    Either way, you did a good job.
    +1 Inernets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over all, it was accurate and really focused on the way the Natives and English felt. Good job with that. To me, 'I feel that' isn't a good way of stating your opinion. You could use, 'I believe' or 'in my opinion.' Overall, a job well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you compared Native Americans and the English side by side, and the effects that both had on our lives today.

    ReplyDelete